Furuno NX700 Navtex Receiver without printer Standard Features
- Simultaneously operates at 518 kHz and either at 490 kHz or at 4209.5 kHz via menu selection
- Fully compliant with IMO MSC.148(77), Type Approval as MED (GMDSS requirements)
- 5-inch silver bright QVGA LCD
- 3-unit configuration (Display, Receiver and H-Field Antenna)
- Optional printer-combined type available (NX700P)
- Messages output in ASCII characters viz RS-232C for connection to serial printer
- Stores more than 200,000 characters in memory
- Incorporates a preamp with lightweight, compact antenna for reliable uninterrupted reception
- Low power consumption
- Nav data display acts as NMEA repeater for GPS or other instrumentation
- 12-24 VDC, 0.7-0.4A
Furuno NX700 Navtex Receiver without printer
Furuno NX700 is a dual-channel NAVTEX receiver for SOLAS ships complying with the new NAVTEX performance standard MSC.148(77) which is implemented on and after July 1, 2005.
The NX700 can receive two channels simultaneously. One is set for 518 kHz to receive international NAVTEX messages and another is selectable from 490 or 4209.5 kHz for domestic or local NAVTEX messages. These messages include a variety of safety information such as Navigational Warnings, Meteorological Warnings, Sear and Rescue(SAR) information and other information for ships sailing within the reach of each service station’s coverage. The braodcast station can be selected automatically according to own ship position when the NX700 is connected with a GPS navigator.
Every incoming message is stored in non-volatile memory and is displayed on a clear 5″ silver bright LCD. Three different font sizes are available and can be selected from the menu.
The NX700 has a low profile, stylish display, receiver and antenna units. An external Serial (RS-232) printer can easily be connected for message printing. Another model, the NX700P, is also available which incorporates a built-in printer. The compact, umbrella-type H-field antenna requires no grounding. In addition, the antenna incorporates a high-performance preamp within the compact body, which gives reliable and uninterrupted reception without an extra whip antenna.