The new Garmin GPSMAP 5208 features a huge 8.4″ VGA screen that comes pre-loaded with highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States, to make it ready to use as a chartplotter out of the box. The features don’t stop there, though – the GPSMAP 5208 is network-capable for sonar, radar, XM satellite weather and radio, and more!
The power of networking meets the brilliance of great design in the new 5000-series chartplotters from Garmin. These big, bright multifunction displays (MFDs) combine video-quality resolution and luminous colour with the latest in sensor and data options – to serve as your all-in-one “nerve centers” for the Garmin Marine Network.
The 5208 and 5212 MFDs are preloaded with highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States – including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas and tide and current information.
Plug in optional BlueChart g2 Vision cards to add true 3D-view detailed mapping capabilities (both above and below the waterline), plus helpful auto guidance, high-resolution photomapping detail, and “real picture” aerial photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest.
Product Features and Specifications (Projected):
- Includes WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS sensor with 30 ft. cable length
- New streamlined user interface offers easy selection of functions and features
- Preloaded with worldwide satellite imagery and highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States – including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas and tide and current information.
- Preloaded with Explorer charts covering the Bahamas
- View weather overlays such as NEXRAD weather radar and forecasts, current conditions, wind direction, wave direction, wave height, buoy data, lightning, county warnings and much more with the optional GDL 30 or GDL 30A
- Fresh new design that has a “flat panel” look when flush mounted
- Single SD memory card slot for BlueChart g2 Vision cards, as well as saving waypoints, routes and tracks to a SD card which can be shared with others
- Backlit keypad for easier operation at night
- Auto-dimming display
- Three built-in network ports for connection to a Garmin radar, GDL 30/30, GSD 22 sounder, or another MFD
- Compatible with all Garmin Marine Network peripherals
- Two video inputs for onboard cameras – supports PAL & NTSC video signals
- Four NMEA 0183 inputs and two NMEA0183 outputs – supports both AIS and DSC
- Supports NMEA 2000
- Alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, clock, low battery voltage and GPS accuracy
- Waterproof: IPX7 – submersible
- Power down backup of settings: Customer settings are not lost when the unit is turned off
Enable the full functionality of the GPSMAP 5000-series with the addition of a BlueChart g2 Vision SD card
BlueChart g2 Vision cards provide:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides “real world” photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner’s Eye view – Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix.
- Fish Eye view – 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
- GPSMAP 5208
- Bail mount and knobs
- GPS 17 antenna (can be flush mounted or pole mounted)
- Protective front cover
- Power cable
- Video cable
- NMEA 0183 cable
- NMEA 2000 cable
- Flush mount hardware
- In-line fuse kit for GPS 17
- Marine grommet kit
- Crimp connectors
- Owner’s manual
- Installation instructions
- Quick reference guide